AR2 free to good home

Non working, no grills. this is a project I have abandoned. I live in the Memphis area. send me an e-mail at johnnyx.xmcfarland@xscdag.com

Just remove the x's, all the x's.

Brian, I have a pair of AR-2's. They are great sounding speakers. I feel that the original Alnico magnet woofer is superior to the ceramic woofers found in the 2ax's. Just a warning though, the cones are VERY delicate (to the touch that is, there power handling capacity is quite high) I recommend using Layne Audio's woofer cone sealer, this is great stuff that strengthens the cone, and improves performance greatly! Also, do not remove the tweeters unless absolutly necessary, as their cones are very fragile. Coat the woofers, and be careful handling the tweeters and you will be all set! I would say that the woofer has usable response down to 35-40 cps and the tweeters probably extend to around 16k-17k cps. Once you get your units going, if you want, I can send you a CD of some recordings that I have mastered on my AR-2's. The CD would be Jazz and Classical.

Archived