Help please...... My ADS L520 tweeters don't work.

oldmeo

Hello all,

I'm new baby here. I just bought a pair of ADS L520 speakers on Craiglist. I didn't listen to them carefully so when I got home and found out both of the tweeters don't work. The first thing I checked to make sure the fuses are still good and they sure do. So what happens? is there a way DIY fix or I need to look for a pair of working tweeter?

Thanks in advance,

oldmeo

• 4 weeks later...

If you haven't figured it out by now, pull the tweeters and connect them directly to speaker leads from your amp. DO NOT turn the volume up very loud. You should be able to hear something. If they work this way then you have something wrong, likely a fuse or a capacitor, in the crossover network. Substitution will be your simplist method of troublehooting if you don't have access to any test equipment.

If the tweeters are bad you can check these guys out for a suitable new replacement: http://www.midwestspeaker.com

• 1 month later...

It has been for a while since I have posted. I have tried to hook up directly to the tweeters and I had no sound at all and I also have extra crossover in hand to test them and no result so

I think I will need new pair of tweeters. I keep my eye on Ebay to see any some day. Thank for your input :).

• 5 months later...

Hi, I'm a brand newbie and this is my 1st. Post so please forgive any missteps I might commit. I would appreciate if somebody would correct me if I do something wrong.

I noticed the a/d/s forum. I'm a speaker freak and have been collecting parts and speakers to trade on eBay etc.

I have a bunch of a/d/s drivers sitting around. If anybody is in need of something just post and we can talk about it.

I am not Exactly sure what part came from what speaker but i'm sure we can figure it out.

Thanks for listening.

the only

Welcome to The Only (and apologies to the OP if it seems we've hijacked his post).

I participate on this CSP site not infrequently, but I've not been much of a buyer/seller here. Still, if sales is your thing, I'd suggest maybe you create some pics and post in the For Sale / Wanted section, especially if you're not sure about the origins of your various drivers. With a photo, a potential buyer just might say, "that's exactly what I'm looking for". Just my two cents.

Archived