Sealing 3a drivers

davidro

G'day all

As some of you may be aware I've recently completed restoration of my AR-3a thanks to you all.

I have some sneaking suspicion about my method of sealing the drivers though.

I used 'speaker tape foam' rather than strips of caulk or putty.

The woofers when I push them in sort of come out slow but not like they'd stay put for a second or two before they rebound again.

Would it mean I might need to use those rubber based caulk for sealing drivers again?

G'day all

As some of you may be aware I've recently completed restoration of my AR-3a thanks to you all.

I have some sneaking suspicion about my method of sealing the drivers though.

I used 'speaker tape foam' rather than strips of caulk or putty.

The woofers when I push them in sort of come out slow but not like they'd stay put for a second or two before they rebound again.

Would it mean I might need to use those rubber based caulk for sealing drivers again?

G'day mate.

I think your fine with what you have. The woofer recoil after a push-in should be about what you described.

Enjoy your restoration!

G'day mate.

I think your fine with what you have. The woofer recoil after a push-in should be about what you described.

Enjoy your restoration!

Thanks mate!

I was wondering if your 3a's have a cloth surrounds or foam. Mine have the cloth, I haven't finished my restoration yet but I'm hoping my surrounds are still air tight.

Mine's foam. I'd have preferred the earlier cloth surrounds like yours though. Good luck with your restoration! I have a thread at AK that you might find a bit helpful at least in visual terms.

Archived