AR-2a

Greetings!

A few years ago I found a pair of speakers on the sidewalk waiting for the garbage truck. I decided to take them home and try them out.

Low and behold, they not only worked, but they sounded great!

Yesterday I noticed that one of the speakers wasn't functioning. Not a peep. Nada. After checking that the channel out of the amp was working (it was) I considered throwing them out. But first I decided to go a Gooogle on the part number. AR-2a.

Then I discovered your web site and discussion forum. I was surprised to find that the speakers are somewhat collectable, and even more surprised to find that there are parts and upgrades available.

I'm looking for some advice on how to proceed. I opened up the front of the speaker (removing all those staples wasn't fun) and looked around inside. I was hoping that the problem was a loose connection on the #1 terminal. But it appears to be OK, it just needed to be tightened from the inside.

Any suggestions on what to check next? There is no sound at all from the unit. The woofer, tweeter and both mids are all silent.

Also, is it suggested to upgrade to the AR-2x?

Thank you for any advice you can provide. I'm glad I found this place.

I really like these speakers and would like to get them up and running again.

Archived