AR48s Woofers specs

Hello to everibody. I'm new mwmber from Italy. I have the speakers in subject and I love them! Unfortunately ten years ago I have substituted the original woofers with commercial ones !!!STUPID!!! The originals? Lost in trash !!!DOUBLE STUPID!!!

From there the sound is not the same...

Is here anybody that knows the AR48s woofer specs? Or where I can find it? Or where I can find out a couple of 2nd hand original woofers?

The AR original spare parts are too much expensive.

Thanks

Bye

Dam

• 2 weeks later...

Dam, I also have an old pair of AR48s speakers. The've been taking up closet space for years, the woofers need to be refoamed but I never seem to get around to doing it and I can't bring myself to just toss them out. I think I have the original spec sheet that came with the speakers, give me a couple of days and I'll see if I can dig it up.

Goncalo Alves

AR48s Specs:

System Type-Bookshelf or floor-standing acoustic suspension 3-way system with drive units in a vertical array.

Drive Units-250mm (10") acoustic suspension woofer; 100mm (4") acoustic suspension midrange with a mechanically-inert diaphragm of GPS (unit in its own subcavity); 25mm (1") liquid-cooled dome highrange driver.

Voltage Sensitivity-2.83 volts produces 88dB SPL at 1 meter on axis.

Efficiency-1 watt produces 87 dB SPL at 1 meter on axis.

Power Requirement-15 watts per channel minimum.

Power Handling Ability-May be used with amplifiers capable of delivering up to 100 watts continuous power per channel, being driven into clipping no more than 10% of the time on normal speech and music source material in non-commercial applications.

System Frequency Response- -3 dB (half power) points at 45 Hz and at 24000 Hz.

System Low Frequency Performance- -3 dB at 45Hz with an effective Q at resonance of 1.15.

Impedance-6 ohms nominal (4.8 ohms minimum).

Crossover Network-Woofer and midrange use a series network which is combined with a second-order parallel network on the upper end of the midrange. High range has a second order parallel network for a 12 dB/octave slope. Network uses air core chokes wound with low-loss copper conductor and high-grade bipolar electrolytic capacitors.

Crossover Frequencies-400 Hz and 2500 Hz.

Cabinet Internal Volume-37.5 liters (1.32 cu. ft.).

Cabinet Dimensions-635 x 354 x 275 mm deep (25 x 13-15/16 x 10-13/16" deep)

Cabinet Finish-Walnut grain vinyl veneer.

Weight-Packed in carton: 19.5 kg (43 lbs); Unpacked: 17.2 kg (38 lbs).

Archived