NEW GUY (HERE, NOT TO AR THOUGH)

RIOTCHERD

Hello, my name is Richard. I very much like your site & forums and hope to get a good re-education about the "classics".

My first AR encounter was with the XA turntable. That was at the (I'm fairly sure the name was) "Institute ofModern Living" at the 1964/1965 N.Y. World's Fair. Lots of other awesome gear also was on hand to "wow" such 14 year old "audio junkies in traning" as I.

Later, from 1971 to 1975 under A.R.'s generous military discount for overseas personnel program, I wound up obtaining an AR Receiver, an Integrated Amp, four AR 5's, an XA, and two AR 3A's. At base exchanges in the Phillipines and Japan I also bought two AR 6's and two AR 7's.

Anyways, I seem to be somewhat re-living that era of good old American made, excellent quality audio gear and the enhancement it gave to so many listening sessions.

Enough gab from me. I do look foreward to some quality discussion and learning here.

Regards, Richard

Hello, my name is Richard. I very much like your site & forums and hope to get a good re-education about the "classics".

My first AR encounter was with the XA turntable. That was at the (I'm fairly sure the name was) "Institute ofModern Living" at the 1964/1965 N.Y. World's Fair. Lots of other awesome gear also was on hand to "wow" such 14 year old "audio junkies in traning" as I.

Later, from 1971 to 1975 under A.R.'s generous military discount for overseas personnel program, I wound up obtaining an AR Receiver, an Integrated Amp, four AR 5's, an XA, and two AR 3A's. At base exchanges in the Phillipines and Japan I also bought two AR 6's and two AR 7's.

Anyways, I seem to be somewhat re-living that era of good old American made, excellent quality audio gear and the enhancement it gave to so many listening sessions.

Enough gab from me. I do look foreward to some quality discussion and learning here.

Regards, Richard

Hi there

You are very lucky to have had that extremely positive hifi experience.

Many people were not so lucky in buying their, 1st, 2nd and even 3rd stereo systems.

Store sales staff had many devious ways to discourage newbies from buying any of the better brands listed on this site.

Archived