AR 3a

Just got my ARs back that I have owned since new. South Florida Speaker Repair did the work. I had the woofer surrounds replaced, all four pots replaced and black cloth over the original material. The tweeter and mid-range checkd out on both speakers. The speakers look and sound great. I replaced the pots to keep them original and at the mid setting should give some protection for the irreplaceable components. The black covering is thin and the original material gives it body.

>The black covering is thin and the original material gives it body. <

I can't imagine a pair of 3a's in black. Was it a shock to see them in black?

Bret

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx

South Fla Speaker repair refoamed my AR woofers for me and did an excellent job. I had them bypass my tweeter controls and replaced my mid controls. Also purchased my first AR speakers from them over a year ago. They were used, in good shape but needed cabinet cleaning. Sold those and now have my AR3's. I'm now addicted.

>Believe it or not, they look great. <

Oh, I believe it. I think the 11s and 10pi and that generation look great in black. I was just thinking that after seeing them in white for so many years that it might be a shock to the system, of sorts.

Bret

"I have had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."

Groucho Marx

Archived