Frequency response plot of Original Large Advent

justw

I found in another thread a nice plot of the frequency plot of the New Large Advent, thanks Carl. Has anyone ever measured the Original Large Advent? I am interested in a visual guide of why it, the OLA, sounds dull compared to the NLA. Carl, since you measured the New Large Advent if you could do the same for the Original Large Advent using the same equipment the result would be more consistant.

Thanks to anyone who does do this.

Hi Justw.

I don't have an OLA to measure at the moment but would be glad to do that and publish the results should one come my way for repairs.

You might try Zilch over at audiokarma.org. He's done a few Advents as ewaves and usually includes measurements on the original as-built speaker before taking a sawsall to it.

Thanks for the link Z. You saved me the trouble of finding it.

With that in-depth analysis, I don't feel compelled to follow thru with measurements any longer.

I loved that bass hump in post #17. I can see why many love the bass on the OLA's. Boombox city! Qtc must have been well over 1.

I loved that bass hump in post #17. I can see why many love the bass on the OLA's. Boombox city! Qtc must have been well over 1.

That alone begs for confirmation. Measure nearfield both with and without the stock lowpass in place.... :)

Archived