"Oddball" Dynaco A-50

KlausDK

Dear All

I have recentlyt acquired two Dynaco A-50?, different from the usual dual chamber aperiodic model with two 10" woofers, mine has two aperiodic ports and two 8" woofers (SEAS 21 tv-ew) and one 1½" tweeter (SEAS 87H). The enclosure is about 50 litres but more of AR-3a shape/dimensions. XO is not the same as the normal A-50, they are 8 Ohm and has the 5 position switch. Woofers are time stamped week 15 1970, but there are no paper works or serial numbers on the back of them.

Anybody seen or heard of this model?

BRgds Klaus

Edit: Just found a picture of a Dynaco A-45, with Scan Speak drivers and with the ports placed a little different, I think This is It, my A-50's must be early A-45's, it is mine to the right, the Scan Speak driver equipped to the left:

post-101646-1256683163.jpg

post-101646-1256684582.jpg

• 1 month later...
Dear All

I have recentlyt acquired two Dynaco A-50?, different from the usual dual chamber aperiodic model with two 10" woofers, mine has two aperiodic ports and two 8" woofers (SEAS 21 tv-ew) and one 1½" tweeter (SEAS 87H). The enclosure is about 50 litres but more of AR-3a shape/dimensions. XO is not the same as the normal A-50, they are 8 Ohm and has the 5 position switch. Woofers are time stamped week 15 1970, but there are no paper works or serial numbers on the back of them.

Anybody seen or heard of this model?

BRgds Klaus

Edit: Just found a picture of a Dynaco A-45, with Scan Speak drivers and with the ports placed a little different, I think This is It, my A-50's must be early A-45's, it is mine to the right, the Scan Speak driver equipped to the left:

Dynaco A50 should have 2 10" woofers and is slightly larger. MY (btw) A-45x ScanDyna (left) has 2 8" Woofers. YOUR's is no A-50.

Best, Helge

Archived