A kid in a candy store.

Guest Martin G.

Guest Martin G.

Sometimes I feel like a kid in a candy store when I'm on this site. I've always liked some classic speakers, KLH, Avid and AR for example. But there were many speakers that I simply had no contact with and as a result had no opinion of (living in the Midwest will do that to you).

Now I'm looking at the old Bozaks, knew nothing of them before curiosity set in and I starting looking for pix and commentary on them - wow! The Urbans are my idea of what a speaker should look like... is it a 302? Unfortunately, I've never heard one, but I would really like to. Gorgeous stuff that looks well made. Now I see the enthusiasm for Bozak vintage product.

The Allison speakers appeal to me also, but in a very different way... Odd is this hobby.

Marty

• 1 year later...

Sometimes I feel like a kid in a candy store when I'm on this site. I've always liked some classic speakers, KLH, Avid and AR for example. But there were many speakers that I simply had no contact with and as a result had no opinion of (living in the Midwest will do that to you).

Now I'm looking at the old Bozaks, knew nothing of them before curiosity set in and I starting looking for pix and commentary on them - wow! The Urbans are my idea of what a speaker should look like... is it a 302? Unfortunately, I've never heard one, but I would really like to. Gorgeous stuff that looks well made. Now I see the enthusiasm for Bozak vintage product.

The Allison speakers appeal to me also, but in a very different way... Odd is this hobby.

Marty

Marty,

Back in the late 60s early 70s I sold all kinds of equipment. Speakers included KLH, JBL, and Bozak. I kind of ignored the pair of B-302a and lusted after the "bigger" speakers i.e. JBL SR-8s which were huge. After 6 months on the floor I finally got around to the Urbans. Wow! For those small boxes sounded fantastic and I still kick myself today that I didn't buy them (I could have gotten salesmen price - as I remember under $200 each). If you find a pair of them buy them! They are rather inefficient so you will need 50 to 75 watts (rms) per channel to do them justice. On ebay there are lots of replacement parts so don't worry about that - surrounds for the woofer, midrange if they need them, and even whole parts all the speakers are available - even the xovers. Good luck and when you go to pick them up take a friend with a strong back, they are heavy. I'll look in my info box and see if I still have a Bozak brochure but don't hold your breath.

klhbozak

Marty

Visit Yahoo.com's groups and do a search on Bozak. There is an excellent group there with much info and experts willing to help.

Better yet, here's a link to the site.... http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Bozak_speakers/

Archived