quadaptor!

Guest SpruceMoose

Guest SpruceMoose

well, i finally snagged a dynaco quadaptor at a good price: 3 bux and change, plus 12 to ship it. ok, the shipping was a bit high, but the overall price was great. so... it is in nearly perfect condition. it had a round-head screw sticking out of the knob, which i replaced with a setscrew. and it was missing 4 of the knurled screws on the back. i found two pairs of 6-32 threaded knurled nuts in my junk collection and locktited long setscrews into them. last night i rigged up two extra speakers at work and tried it out. it works perfectly! chicago live at carnegie hall had a lot of crowd noise in the back, along with "reflected" brass sounds. just how i remembered it when i bought the album new! now to put two minimus-7s in the back of the livingroom...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bocoogto
well, i finally snagged a dynaco quadaptor at a good price: 3 bux and change, plus 12 to ship it. ok, the shipping was a bit high, but the overall price was great. so... it is in nearly perfect condition. it had a round-head screw sticking out of the knob, which i replaced with a setscrew. and it was missing 4 of the knurled screws on the back. i found two pairs of 6-32 threaded knurled nuts in my junk collection and locktited long setscrews into them. last night i rigged up two extra speakers at work and tried it out. it works perfectly! chicago live at carnegie hall had a lot of crowd noise in the back, along with "reflected" brass sounds. just how i remembered it when i bought the album new! now to put two minimus-7s in the back of the livingroom...

If you like the Quadaptor, I've got a Shure HTS-5000 Professional Dolby Surround processer you would really like!! I owned a Quadaptor at one time--used it with my PAS-3 and a couple of Stereo 70's. Yes, it adds amibience, but why use this when we have Dolby Digital and DTS that REALLY recreates the sound field without all the fake noises coming from the back speakers. Nostalgia is great, but sometimes you need to let the failed past go away.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

If it's retro you want, it's retro I've got. I have a Realistic SQ-II Quadraphonic adapter for you. It also did a respectable job of simulating surround audio. Almost mint.

• 3 months later...

Here is a schematic for the Quadradapter in case you need it.

-T

post-102905-1264466831.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi there

You can still obtain a 3 section w-w pot, albeit expensive, for use with a homemade Quadaptor kit.

Ohmite makes an adapter bracket kit that allows you to adapt 3 Ohmite pots in tandem.

Electroswitch still catalogs a spring return switch.

Ebuy, for one example, is still the least expensive option to obtaining a Quadaptor.

Archived