901 Resonance

kkantor

I dug up a pair of original 901's in good condition. After a short break-in, both show a resonance in the vicinity of 114 Hz. The impedance curve looks a bit unusual, so I am going to break them in for a longer time before I post the data. On one unit, the impedance at 60 Hz is 10.5 Ohms; the other is 11.0 Ohms.

-k

I dug up a pair of original 901's in good condition. After a short break-in, both show a resonance in the vicinity of 114 Hz. The impedance curve looks a bit unusual, so I am going to break them in for a longer time before I post the data. On one unit, the impedance at 60 Hz is 10.5 Ohms; the other is 11.0 Ohms.

You'll be capturing the definitive test on video, I trust.... :D

-k

I haven't figured out if I really want to fry 18 lovely 1960's CTS drivers. (I still regret plugging my vintage 2x12" Bandmaster cab into the wall socket after finals... ) I'll hit them will them 100V tone bursts, and sniff the air first. Until I verify:

A- that Bose actually did this.

B- that they did it with a Series 1.

C- the the drivers I have are up to snuff,

I think I'll just connect the 901's to my Dynaco 410, Marantz Pre, AR table, lava lamps, incense, put some blankets and pillows on the floor, and see if I can get some Berkeley chicks of my generation up to the lab next weekend to try smoking some statins, SSRI's and Beta Blockers in the old bong. Fragile, Disraeli Gears, Who's Next, Tarkus, Loaded, Thick as a Brick, Ummagumma, Soon Over Babaluma, Broken Barricades, In a Silent Way, zoso, you get the idea.

Hey, you don't happen to have an overhead projector do you?

-k

-k

Archived