AR home studio restoration

Guest fscott

Guest fscott

No I haven't gone anywhere - still lurking. After getting up to speed on my dad's AR-3's with the great assistance from John and Roy, I've been busy working on my AR "crib". For the last several weeks I've been busy restoring an AR XA turntable and also a cabinet from a 1960's Pilot 700 console. I didn't have a decent vintage looking cabinet to rest my beautiful AR speakers next to so I found this one on CL for $50! It looked dastardly to say the least with that ugly puke brown finish. So I stripped it off and finished it with Watco Danish oil walnut.

Also been enjoying the restoration project on the AR XA turntable. The base is a little rough on the some corners and thinking I may make my own base someday. Still need the dust cover and a logo. So far so good. Still looking for an AR Integrated amp to finish it off!

post-104190-1244204700.jpg

Looks like the beginnings of a very nice system. Now add an AR amp and matching tuner....

You might want to consider some speaker stands to get the ARs off the floor for a more neutral bass presentation.

Looks good!

David

Archived