West Coast Speakers/ JBL

JoeAtlas

Hi,

I have owned at least one representation of every East Coast speaker made. I enjoy every one of them for their unique sound and individuality. I recently picked up two pair of classic JBL's (L-50 and L-112's). I am in the process of refoaming and sprucing up cabinets. Any feedback on what to expect from these speakers? I have read the reviews but would like to hear from fellow East Coast speaker buffs.

Regards,

Joe

Hi,

I have owned at least one representation of every East Coast speaker made. I enjoy every one of them for their unique sound and individuality. I recently picked up two pair of classic JBL's (L-50 and L-112's). I am in the process of refoaming and sprucing up cabinets. Any feedback on what to expect from these speakers? I have read the reviews but would like to hear from fellow East Coast speaker buffs.

Regards,

Joe

For my ears, they tend to be over bright and painful when driven by modern tube or solid state amps. When driven by older tube amps, they are pretty good, but the highs can still be a bit painful. Other people absolutely love them and I've seen used JBL sell for more today than they cost new.

Archived