Model 7 parts speaker

Guest ryansdad

Guest ryansdad

I have a pair of model 7s that I have gutted for parts except for the two epoxied woofers. The cabinets are rough. I was about to put them out for the trash today, but pulled them back at the last minute. Thought I'd ask around, are the woofers worth salvaging? The cabinets? Should I call Sanford and Son for a pickup? Would love your opinions before the next trash day (Friday).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ryansdad

Quick update...I ended up finding a nice home for these. A local vocational teacher took them. He uses old speakers to teach high school students about electronics and speaker building. Seemed like a worthy donation, and kept them out of a landfill.

• 1 month later...
Quick update...I ended up finding a nice home for these. A local vocational teacher took them. He uses old speakers to teach high school students about electronics and speaker building. Seemed like a worthy donation, and kept them out of a landfill.

Glad you saved them....those woofers are very interesting and well made, not to mention unusual with the tube structure for a speaker basket. Henry Kloss got a U.S. Patent on them. They will inspire a new generation of loudspeaker nerds :rolleyes:

I remember my teacher brought in a massive Western Electric woofer from the 1940's....I think it was an 18" - it must have weighed 40 lbs. Boy could it rattle windows !

Andy

Archived