KLH 8" Woofer Identity

Guest hndaspkr

Guest hndaspkr

Hello Everyone,

I have a pair of KLH 8" woofers I bought new in the early eighties.They have a stamped frame,yellow poly cone,

black foam surrounds,black dust cap and fairly large round magnets.They have been sitting in a box most of the time

since and the surrounds appear to be in good operating condition.

I am thinking of matching them with the large ESS heil tweeters at 1500 hertz,however I do not know the model numbers

and have no spec sheets.Does anyone know what model these are and can you point me to a link or website for

specs and frequency response graphs ? Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 3 months later...
Hello Everyone,

I have a pair of KLH 8" woofers I bought new in the early eighties.They have a stamped frame,yellow poly cone,

black foam surrounds,black dust cap and fairly large round magnets.They have been sitting in a box most of the time

since and the surrounds appear to be in good operating condition.

I am thinking of matching them with the large ESS heil tweeters at 1500 hertz,however I do not know the model numbers

and have no spec sheets.Does anyone know what model these are and can you point me to a link or website for

specs and frequency response graphs ? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Those would have been produced by whatever (possibly) Asian company owned the KLH name at that time. This is past

the time period of the USA KLH company and likely not of interest to many members here. Still, someone may know

something if you wait long enough.

Archived