New member, new dynaco speakers

Guest michael

Guest michael

Hello. This is my first posting. I have only recently started using a pair of A-50's. They have a rich, warm and full sound. I recently purchased another pair of dynaco speakers without a model #. They are 3 way and have controls for both the tweeter and the midrange. Upon removing the drivers for inspection the only indication of manufacturing was a logo saying Japan on the midrange. The cabinets are well constructed but look much different from what is displayed on the dynaco catalogue history. They house a 10 woofer 4.5 midrange 1 softdome tweeter. Does anybody recognize these? Thanks, Mike

Hello. This is my first posting. I have only recently started using a pair of A-50's. They have a rich, warm and full sound. I recently purchased another pair of dynaco speakers without a model #. They are 3 way and have controls for both the tweeter and the midrange. Upon removing the drivers for inspection the only indication of manufacturing was a logo saying Japan on the midrange. The cabinets are well constructed but look much different from what is displayed on the dynaco catalogue history. They house a 10 woofer 4.5 midrange 1 softdome tweeter. Does anybody recognize these? Thanks, Mike

Hi Mike;

For North America sales, classic Dynaco only used 2 way speakers such as A-10, A-25, A-25XL, A-35, A-35XL, A-50, etc.

There was a few more models I did not list and also the later US made versions, which looked to have a lower manufacturing quality and change in drivers.

I would have thought the exact opposite quality would have been true.

There has been a few different 2 way European models that have been discussed and photod here.

There was various later non-classic speakers but still bearing the Dynaco logos, essentially made by the later owner of the Dynaco logo.

The later non-classics, 3 way, etc, were not necessarily exclusively made and designed in Canada, but a Canadian companies name did come up.

We do not have much information at all on the later speakers or European versions.

As new members visit here, more information will be forthcoming, I am certain.

Vern

Guest michael
Hi Mike;

For North America sales, classic Dynaco only used 2 way speakers such as A-10, A-25, A-25XL, A-35, A-35XL, A-50, etc.

There was a few more models I did not list and also the later US made versions, which looked to have a lower manufacturing quality and change in drivers.

I would have thought the exact opposite quality would have been true.

There has been a few different 2 way European models that have been discussed and photod here.

There was various later non-classic speakers but still bearing the Dynaco logos, essentially made by the later owner of the Dynaco logo.

The later non-classics, 3 way, etc, were not necessarily exclusively made and designed in Canada, but a Canadian companies name did come up.

We do not have much information at all on the later speakers or European versions.

As new members visit here, more information will be forthcoming, I am certain.

Vern

Thanks for the info. Vern. I'm attaching some photos for reference. Michael

Archived