EPI 110s? - Cant find any feedback or info on them.

Guest variance

Guest variance

Cleaning out my parents old house and I found a pair of these sealed in plastic in pretty good condition in a closet.

I don't think they've been used since the 80s.

Are these speakers any good/worth using?

They seem like late 70s or early 80s speakers.

I can't seem to find anything on this model of EPI.

Wondering if they are worth using or comparable to modern speakers... and if I could drive them with a normal modern receiver/amp.

I almost threw them out until I did a little search.. and found EPIs seem to have a good reputation. don't know if these models are any good though.

• 2 months later...
Guest dcgibson55

This is my first post to this group.

I have a pair of 110's. They are excellent. The cabinet is a little bit bigger than the EPI 100. For some reason the 110 isn't as well known as the 100. If they've been in a closet for awhile and they haven't been used since the 80's the foam around the woofers is probably shot. Mine are like that but for some reason there's no deterioration in the sound. Try them out as is. Make sure when you hook them up that they're in phase. There are repair kits for EPI woofers and they're very easy to repair.

EPI's have a great reputation, and rightly so. Tell us how they sound.

Cleaning out my parents old house and I found a pair of these sealed in plastic in pretty good condition in a closet.

I don't think they've been used since the 80s.

Are these speakers any good/worth using?

They seem like late 70s or early 80s speakers.

I can't seem to find anything on this model of EPI.

Wondering if they are worth using or comparable to modern speakers... and if I could drive them with a normal modern receiver/amp.

I almost threw them out until I did a little search.. and found EPIs seem to have a good reputation. don't know if these models are any good though.

Archived