Sealing cloth surround

mantis

klh5-3_large.jpeg

Ok, do I put the sealant on the outside (the visible part of the inside out surround) as seen in that picture, or do I seal it as though it were on the inside, or both?

My new caps and sealant and gasket supplies will be here shortly, this is the last bit of info I need before the speakers are back to life. Thank you!

klh5-3_large.jpeg

Ok, do I put the sealant on the outside (the visible part of the inside out surround) as seen in that picture, or do I seal it as though it were on the inside, or both?

My new caps and sealant and gasket supplies will be here shortly, this is the last bit of info I need before the speakers are back to life. Thank you!

Just put the sealant on the outside. That's all you need. What sealant are you planning to use? I've used the Permatex sealant first recommended by Roy C. with great success on KLH 5 woofers. Aged them in an oven with no increase in Fs.

Guest fourwheels0

what permatex sealent are you useing? and do you dilute it with anything and if so what would i use to dilute it. i have a pair of 17's that i'd like to seal up only because they are untouched,unopened original's and i think they could use it. any info you can give me would be great.thanks.

Just put the sealant on the outside. That's all you need. What sealant are you planning to use? I've used the Permatex sealant first recommended by Roy C. with great success on KLH 5 woofers. Aged them in an oven with no increase in Fs.

I got some of OC speaker's XL49, per a recommendation you previously made ;) Will that do, and should it be a light coat across all of the surround? Thank you.

what permatex sealent are you useing? and do you dilute it with anything and if so what would i use to dilute it. i have a pair of 17's that i'd like to seal up only because they are untouched,unopened original's and i think they could use it. any info you can give me would be great.thanks.

Here is a link to the Roy C. original post on the Permatex sealant.

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/IP.Boar...amp;#entry71509

It's the one dated Nov. 28th, 2007 #71509 and gives details. I found a smaller can at my local Autozone store.

I now prefer to use this over the OC sealant which I still use for pro-audio woofers.

Archived