Anyone know value of AR9 mystery ch

Guest Barrydor

Guest Barrydor

I drew the schematic for the forum from the assembly drawing and then by checking the wiring and values against my own AR-9s when I had them apart to replace the x-over caps.

The value of the mystery choke is not given on the assembly drawing and the actual choke in the speaker was not marked with the value.

I ran a simulation on the x-over network and found that the value should be either 5 MH, 10 MH or somewhere between. It is difficult to determine the exact value through simulation, however, without knowing the DCR of the chokes and the exact impedence of the parallel woofer voice coils.

So for now, it remains a mystery.

BTW, did you buy those AR-92 x-overs from eBay?

Barry

Does anyone know the value of the choke in the woofer crossover section of the AR9 that appears in the schematic and layout diagrams with no value? There are three chokes in that section. There are two 10mh chokes and one that is in series with the woofer with no value listed in both diagrams. Can anyone help on this one? The schematic shows the values of all the components in the crossover except this one choke.

Ed

Archived