ar1 grill removal

Guest booksrbetter

Guest booksrbetter

Hi,

I am a newbie, & have one AR1 that looks all original, everybody wants pictures of the speakers themselves!! How do I remove the grill or cloth without damage? Or should I leave intact? Thanks

Hi,

I am a newbie, & have one AR1 that looks all original, everybody wants pictures of the speakers themselves!! How do I remove the grill or cloth without damage? Or should I leave intact? Thanks

It can be tricky to remove the grills because they were glued on when new. If it seems as though they have not ever been taken off before, I would leave them.

Other forum members may have idea's on a sve method to remove grills....I like to leave collectible speakers as intact as possible, and leave these things to the new owner to fiddle with.

Hi,

Hi there;

You asked the right question before you could have done major damage.

I would say you are selling it on ebay?

You do not remove the grille cloth at all, excepting for repairs of course.

I have written about this previously, you can do well over $1,000.00 damage in just a few seconds.

Even the most technicaly proficient member here can damage the tweeter.

If someone hands you $2,000.00 cash then go ahead.

You quite likely will damage the frame and cloth with any attempt.

As is, it is your speaker, damage it and it will be your's forever.

At night use a light to just look through the cloth.

You can accept this same opinion just about, but not quite, to the same degree with an AR-3 speaker as well, not so much with an AR-3A.

Notwithstanding the above, I would anticipate that an extensive audition was given to the the woofer and tweeter without obvious sonic flaws heard.

When one is anticipating spending $500.00 - $2,000.00 for an AR-1, the more credible the seller is the better.

Hi there;

You asked the right question before you could have done major damage.

At night use a light to just look through the cloth.

When one is anticipating spending $500.00 - $2,000.00 for an AR-1, the more credible the seller is the better.

Hi there again;

It is, be darned if you do and be darned if you don't.

On other auctions I've seen requests from potential bidders to remove the cloths.

Even slight damage can devalue the system.

There must be someway to assure the buyers or is escro the answer.

I guess my last sentence above sums up my feeling.

Archived