Working AR-11 pr!

rl1856

Well I spent the afternoon trying to find out which of my AR speakers worked. Most of the 10in woofers need to be refoamed and just about all of the level pots are need of repair if not replacement/ bypass.

Between my Heath AR-3a (AS-103) and AR-11 pr, I was able to make 1 working 11 pair.

Midranges and Tweeters in the 11 were working, woofers badly in need of repair. But, the woofers in the 3a had been refoamed, while the level pots were shot.

So a quick woofer transplant later, I now have a working pair of AR-11 ! They sound nice so far. The midrange and treble are definately more prominent than in the 5 and 3a. I have the level switches set to "0db" which I assume to be flat. I will experiment with the other position settings (-3db, -6db).

Does anyone have a pair of AR-11 grilles ?

Thank you,

Ross

Does anyone have a pair of AR-11 grilles ?

Hi Ross

Nice job, wonderful speakers the AR-11. Grilles are hard to get, but I have seen that Larry Lagace alias Vintage-AR on ebay has had some made, you can find them in his ebay shop.

I would highly recommend that you change the capacitors in the cross-over before you do any serious playing ón your speakers, I recently changed the caps on a set of AR-11, and I found teh 10 myF cap for the tweeter to be as far of as 32 myF, enough to damage the tweeter if played at louder sound levels!

BRgds Klaus

Archived