identify / validate ar9 LMRs

kkc

Can anyone shed light on these LMRs? Clearly the cone has been refoamed. But the dust cap seems to be unusually flat - does this signify anything - good, bad? Could it also mean that the voicecoil was repaired at some stage? Or that the driver is not original?

Sorry I have no other pics.

Thanks.

post-103149-1210661914.jpg

post-103149-1210661926.jpg

its hard to tell from the pic's, but i dont see anything in the cone that would indicate a replacement.

it could be that only the surrounds were replaced, but it could just as easily be something more.

Can anyone shed light on these LMRs? Clearly the cone has been refoamed. But the dust cap seems to be unusually flat - does this signify anything - good, bad? Could it also mean that the voicecoil was repaired at some stage? Or that the driver is not original?

Thanks.

Looks like someone used some older 8" woofers to replace the LMRs. But I don't KNOW that. Confirm the driver number if you can.

Thanks.

I downloaded and blew these up real big. It really looks like that may be an original driver that for whatever reason is missing the big dust cap after a shim-job. Like I said, confirm the driver number (on a sticker on the back, the seller ought to be willing to do that; it isn't that much trouble).

Sorry I didn't look as closely the first time.

Bret

Archived