New Forum Member, and "New" KLH 6 Owner:)

Guest DaveElton

Guest DaveElton

Hello, all, I just wanted to "Introduce Myself" as it were to the forum and say "Hello", and Thanks for a Place Like This to come too!!

For a few years I have been the happy owner a "Minty-Pair" of KLH Model 17's and greatly love them. Last week, thru the generosity of a Buddy, I was able to aquire a pair of His KLH Model 6's :D These have been re-capped, and woofer surrounds have been resealed.

I cant say enough how much I am enjoying these speakers!!!!! Their "musicality" and sound is simply wonderful! I look forward to many many years with these guys in the front room!

Any other KLH 6 or 17 owners, please feel free to drop me a line! I'm sure I have more to learn about these!

Thanks all!

Guest Sal Brisindi

Today I purchased a Minty pair of KLH 6's for $30.00. They sound great. These are my 3rd pair,I also have a pair of 17's with blown tweeters, a pair of KLD 23's and I forget the other model numbers.

Great speakers for the money!!!

Sal

Guest DaveElton
Today I purchased a Minty pair of KLH 6's for $30.00. They sound great. These are my 3rd pair,I also have a pair of 17's with blown tweeters, a pair of KLD 23's and I forget the other model numbers.

Great speakers for the money!!!

Sal

Nice Find Sal!!!! I live in the midwest US here (Iowa) and for "whatever-reason" we seem to be vintage KLH "Shy" around here.....Both my older 17's and my new 6's came fron a Buddy in South Carolina....We do seem to get a fair amount of vintage Advents here from time to time, both Large and "New Large" Models,,,but the scarcity of KLH makes these 6's I received even more "sweet" :D I love these 6's..they do all the 17's do, and go deeper:)

Out of couriosity have you checked the caps on your 17's as to the possible tweeter problem??? I am guessing you most likely have, but just checking:)

I first hear this exact pair of 6's that I now have some 3 yrs ago while down visiting my Buddy,,,,,that great sonic memory of the 6's has stuck with me ever since:)

Guest Sal Brisindi

Tweeters are definitely bad, no resistance on the coil. Same as my first model 6's. I bought a pair on evay, I have to do the same for my 17's.

I did recap my 1st pair of 6's for the heck of it. Not sure if I will be doing the KLH speakers I have.

Late last year I did pick up a pair of Jensen tf-3a for only $1.00. They sound a little muddy but the bass is incredible! I will open them up and recap them to see if the sound improves.

Sal

Guest DaveElton
Tweeters are definitely bad, no resistance on the coil. Same as my first model 6's. I bought a pair on evay, I have to do the same for my 17's.

I did recap my 1st pair of 6's for the heck of it. Not sure if I will be doing the KLH speakers I have.

Late last year I did pick up a pair of Jensen tf-3a for only $1.00. They sound a little muddy but the bass is incredible! I will open them up and recap them to see if the sound improves.

Sal

It's "Interesting" on the re-cap "thing"...Some speakers seem to benefit much more clearly from it..others "Not-so-much"....I hadn't hear my pair of KLH 6's "before" re-cap. so I cant comment there...On My 17's "Yes" there was some-more "Air-apparnet" after re-cap...yet they sounded "Pretty darn-good" before hand as well.... I have some later 70's and mid 80's speaks that I havent gone into yet,,,,they seem to sound just "fine" when I rotate them thru...

Archived