Survay For AR LST & AR LST-2 Owners

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SteveG

Ed, I have had my LSTs on 2 since 1976. Manual suggested this was flat and it seems to be. 1 or 3 settings not very audibly different though.

Steve

Guest dogmeninreno

Hello, Position # 2 is Flat curve. This info should be on the back of your LST's. I have a manual if you need one. Iwill have to copy it so there will be a charge. If you send your email I can send you the switch positions. Dale in Reno....

• 2 months later...

I purchased a used pair of LST-2's in close to mint condition from a small hi-fi store in CT in 1980, and used them for almost ten years as my main speakers.

I always used position no. 2. I found the differences between any two adjacent settings to be audible, but not dramatic.

Interesting: In some early literature I have, the LST-2 is described as having a SIX-position switch [the same as the LST]. Of course when the speaker actually came out, it had a three-position switch.

The overall tonal balance between the LST and LST-2 was somewhat different, and not just because of the LST's more extended bass response. The LST-2 had a forward-facing midrange unit, which the LST did not have. The slightly higher level of "direct" midrange information gave the LST-2 a subtly more forward character than the LST.

Archived