AR-9 batting (insulation) placement

Guest John Gisslen

Guest John Gisslen

I have three pairs of ar-9's, one pair of ar-9LS, and several smaller pairs. I have done some modifications to my 9's, but on all three pair, the insulation was stuffed way up in the upper third of the cabinet. I am 95 % sure it doesn't belong there. Does anyone know how these came from the factory? Usually the bottom, the back, and one side are the standard for typical, one forward facing woofer configurations. Please help

I have three pairs of ar-9's, one pair of ar-9LS, and several smaller pairs. I have done some modifications to my 9's, but on all three pair, the insulation was stuffed way up in the upper third of the cabinet. I am 95 % sure it doesn't belong there. Does anyone know how these came from the factory? Usually the bottom, the back, and one side are the standard for typical, one forward facing woofer configurations. Please help

I am 100% sure that's exactly where it is supposed to be (the top). I also hope you didn't have to pull it out because getting it rolled-up tightly and stuck in the top of that cabinet is going to require some work.

You'll find many things you might consider helpful in the Library section of the forum including assembly drawings where all these specifics are spelled-out. Somewhere in there, under the AR9 section of the Library (I don't recall which document) you will even find an explanation of why it's up there.

Stop in there and do some reading, if you can manage the time. You're liable to find all sorts of interesting stuff you'll want to store in memory fo a rainy AR9 day.

Bret

Guest John Gisslen
The relevant page, from "Engineering the AR-9" by Tim Holl:

timholl9_large.jpeg

For the rest of the document, see this section of the library:

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/library...he_ar-9_by_tim/

Robert_S

Thanks so much Bret and Robert.....And I apologize for my laziness..... I tried to use the search box, I will be more thorough next time. Happy Listening ! ! ! Sincerely, John

Archived