KLH model 6 help

Guest AudioFixation

Guest AudioFixation

HI...

I'm a new guy on the block and I've come to own a set of KLH 6's . The cabs are in almost-mint-condition but I'm not getting any tweeter action. How can I open the cab up and check the speakers. I'm really good at electro-mechanical , doing it for 25+ years, but I cant figure out how to get the front face off.

Advice??

Thanks

Scott in Vermont

If your 6's are of an early vintage, getting the grille off won't help because the tweeter and woofer screw holes are epoxied. You will have to go it thru the back to repair what most likely is a dead tweeter cap. A very common occurance with that vintage.

Do a search on 6's under KLH and you will find much on how to go about getting into one of those beasts.

Good luck.

HI...

I'm a new guy on the block and I've come to own a set of KLH 6's . The cabs are in almost-mint-condition but I'm not getting any tweeter action. How can I open the cab up and check the speakers. I'm really good at electro-mechanical , doing it for 25+ years, but I cant figure out how to get the front face off.

Advice??

Thanks

Scott in Vermont

Hi Scott;

Photos please of front and terminal strip.

If at night, you turn off the lights and use a trouble light or flashlight to look into the grille cloth.

This will allow you to see if the woofer has 3 - 1" +/- round circles of epoxy around it's outer perimeter, that will help us diagnose the problem and help you with a solution.

Archived