ar3/janszen combination

Guest thomas19290

Guest thomas19290

I have 3 pair of AR2a and Ar2ax. I have not used them for quite a while, but now want to make a front/rear setup, with front left and right, and rear left and right. I could also use a single (or pair )for center front , but have no clue how to connect it. I don't want to harm the receiver or amplifiers I'm using. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have 3 pair of AR2a and Ar2ax. I have not used them for quite a while, but now want to make a front/rear setup, with front left and right, and rear left and right. I could also use a single (or pair )for center front , but have no clue how to connect it. I don't want to harm the receiver or amplifiers I'm using. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi there;

To answer your question with a real simple answer, buy a Dynaco Quadapter.

This will give you a simple Left Front, Right Front, Left Rear and Right Rear, in a 4 dimensional sound system.

Already assembled, proven and simple wiring, usually about $40.00 US on eBay.

There is several other later, non-classic Dynaco, versions with center channel, etc.

A simple circuit with just a w-w resistor is also available for a psuedo 4 dimensional effect.

This is using 4 - 8 ohm, same family and sounding speakers, and at least 40 watts per channel stereo amplifier.

An older Dynaco SCA-80Q integrated amplifier is about as cheap an ideal amplifier that you can own for this simple 4 dimensional complete setup.

With the 8 ohm speakers there is no low, dangerous amplifier problem.

Fusing the speakers would be an idea.

Adding 4 ohm speakers or a center channel speaker adds to the complexity and is not needed.

The is also a Dynaco schematic with Left Front, Right Front, Center Front and Center single Rear.

There is other apapters available, only used, from EV, etc, that used different circuitry for a 4 channel effect.

The Dynaco is probably the cheapest, simplest and least complex available.

The Dynaco 4 dimensional system does not work with all recorded music, it's effect can be subtle to non-existant.

If nothing else, it adds some room ambience to your system.

Dynaco listed a few older songs that has the hidden information.

Dynaco also published at least one 4 dimensional sampler record album.

Such as a train going from left to right, etc.

Archived