New A3 Owner

Guest Box O'Rox

Guest Box O'Rox

Hello All, after much searching and wading through lots of junk I am this morning the proud new owner of a gorgeous pair of A3's....all of the info I've seen here so far on x-over upgrading will no doubt be of great use! One thing I did notice, and was hoping for some enlightenment on, is these did not have the " AN ACOUSTIC SUSPENSION SPEAKER SYSTEM DESIGNED BY HENRY E. KLOSS " under " THE ADVENT LOUDSPEAKER " on the terminal plate. They do of course say Cambridge,Mass. at the bottom....what say, ya'll?? Does this possibly indicate date of manufacture or anything? Appreciate any info on this!!

Hello All, after much searching and wading through lots of junk I am this morning the proud new owner of a gorgeous pair of A3's....all of the info I've seen here so far on x-over upgrading will no doubt be of great use! One thing I did notice, and was hoping for some enlightenment on, is these did not have the " AN ACOUSTIC SUSPENSION SPEAKER SYSTEM DESIGNED BY HENRY E. KLOSS " under " THE ADVENT LOUDSPEAKER " on the terminal plate. They do of course say Cambridge,Mass. at the bottom....what say, ya'll?? Does this possibly indicate date of manufacture or anything? Appreciate any info on this!!
They are the "New Large Advent"with the steel basket woofer, the original Large Advent with the masonite ring woofer had the Henry Kloss signature. Probably 1979-1981.

Guest Box O'Rox
They are the "New Large Advent"with the steel basket woofer, the original Large Advent with the masonite ring woofer had the Henry Kloss signature. Probably 1979-1981.

Ah, thanks so much Jackfish!! I see you and I have another love in common in addition to Advents...can't tell what you're holding there but she's a beauty! I myself have way too many days between me and a rod & reel, looking forward to my next trip to the Keys....usually go after Dolphin ( Mahi Mahi, not Flipper!! ). Found my NLA's right down the road in Kentucky, they are nearly pristine but I can't wait to start some of the mod's I've read about on this GREAT site!! Thanks again, and.....good fishin'!!!

Ah, thanks so much Jackfish!! I see you and I have another love in common in addition to Advents...can't tell what you're holding there but she's a beauty! I myself have way too many days between me and a rod & reel, looking forward to my next trip to the Keys....usually go after Dolphin ( Mahi Mahi, not Flipper!! ). Found my NLA's right down the road in Kentucky, they are nearly pristine but I can't wait to start some of the mod's I've read about on this GREAT site!! Thanks again, and.....good fishin'!!!
20+ pound Northern Pike caught on the Attawapiskat River, Ontario in 1991.

Archived