AR-LST's schematic 2 versions

dynaco_dan

Hi there;

I found the AR bias drawings this morning, I printed out some older ones and whoa!

Here is the original manual schematic and an obviously later factory altered version.

Now we can see the 10 ohm w-w resistor in circuit.

I have the downloaded file descriptor, who know's where I got it.

I have returned again.

I found out where I found the AR-LST version 2 ( not AR-LST/2 ) schematic.

Now, in our library, in the AR forum, is the AR-LST/2 schematic and parts list, after un-zipping the 4 downloaded files.

One file is the AR-LST version 2 schematic, or as yet to be named, NOT, AR-LST/2 speaker system.

Mark will need to relocate this file at a later date.

Now aren't we lucky!

post-101040-1200538743.jpg

post-101040-1200538756.jpg

I found out where I found the AR-LST version 2 ( not AR-LST/2 ) schematic.

Hi Vern

The "AR-LST version 2" shown here, was made and posted by me in another post to show my revised cross over after I restored my AR-LST's. It is not an original AR schematic.

BRgds Klaus

Hi Vern

The "AR-LST version 2" shown here, was made and posted by me in another post to show my revised cross over after I restored my AR-LST's. It is not an original AR schematic.

BRgds Klaus

Hi Klaus;

OOOPPPSS, sorry, members!

I stand corrected, thank you, Klaus.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Vern

BRgds Klaus

Klaus, I know this is heresy, but if I had your speakers, I’d passively bi-amp them in a minute.

In so doing, I’d eliminate the transformer, those huge caps and maybe replace the .5 ohm resistor with a small rheostat. Since the amps can balance the sound levels, you only need a way to adjust the tweeter relative to the mid-drivers.

Regards,

Jerry

Archived