TSW 510 specs

Guest maddog

Hi. I recently recovered a pair of TSW 510's out of my neighbor's trash and wanted to fix them up a bit. The cabinet itself seems to be fine, but the woofers and mid-ranges on both are blown. I was going to see if i could get replacement speakers, but i dont know what impedance or wattage to get. If anyone can help me out, it would be much appreciated. Any other sugestions are gladly welcomed.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Hi. I recently recovered a pair of TSW 510's out of my neighbor's trash and wanted to fix them up a bit. The cabinet itself seems to be fine, but the woofers and mid-ranges on both are blown. I was going to see if i could get replacement speakers, but i dont know what impedance or wattage to get. If anyone can help me out, it would be much appreciated. Any other sugestions are gladly welcomed.

Thanks in advance

Try the link below to find the drivers you need:

AR Replacement drivers

Hope this helps ...

Regards,

Jerry

Guest matty g

Thanks in advance

Hi -

Before you replace the drivers, what exactly do you mean by "blown". If you mean that the foam surround is just rotted, that is not difficult or expensive to repair. There really are no suitable replacements for genuine AR drivers, and refoaming them yourself or having it done is the way to go. If you mean that they are electrically blown, then I would suggest Larry at Vintage AR or (if your're lucky) maybe E-bay. That driver was probably used in a few other models, but you definately want the original woofers and mids in there. Otherwise it's just another speaker. Hopefully it's just the foam surround and you can get the original drivers working again. TSW 510's are very good speakers worthy of being fixed up!

Matt

Archived