TSW 710 Specifications

Ampex

I acquired a pair of used TSW 710 units back in 2001 and have replaced all the foam surrounds. They sound Ok but lack bottom end performance.

Does anyone have AR literature that quotes the performance specifications for these speakers?

I would appreciate receiving the specs very much.

Ampex

I acquired a pair of used TSW 710 units back in 2001 and have replaced all the foam surrounds. They sound Ok but lack bottom end performance.

Does anyone have AR literature that quotes the performance specifications for these speakers?

I would appreciate receiving the specs very much.

Ampex

The AR literature in the library has info on the 610 and 810. Their -3 dB levels are 40 and 33 Hz respectively. I suspect yours must be somewhere in between.

I also suspect you got 'stiffed' (pun intended) by an internet foam kit supplier who sold you overly stiff surrounds.

The AR literature in the library has info on the 610 and 810. Their -3 dB levels are 40 and 33 Hz respectively. I suspect yours must be somewhere in between.

I also suspect you got 'stiffed' (pun intended) by an internet foam kit supplier who sold you overly stiff surrounds.

The surrond replacements were obtained from Parts Express and they seemed about the same as the originals as far as I could determine.

I have later TSW lit with the 710, but the lit is slightly water damaged and not really scan-worthy. It also has specs on the little-known TSW-215, 315, and 415 models.

The 710 was a 38 x 14 x 13" tower with two 8" woofers, a 6 1/2" mid, and a 3/4" titanium tweeter. X-o's were 250 and 5000Hz, LF response was -3dB @40Hz, efficiency was 90dB, impedance was 4 ohms, PH was 175 watts/RMS. Heard them once, briefly, at a Boston-area store (You-do-it Electronics) in the late 80's. They sounded like typical TSW's--good, conventional speakers, nothing offensive, pretty solid bass, a little tizzy on the extreme high end. I'm not sure if I have the MSRP. I'll look further.

Steve F.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jaguzzi

Hi

I am an original owner (1990) of a set of TSW710's. Here is a shot of the specs, hope this helps. I actually have to sell them now (sad), cause the kids are taking up too much space. I'll be posting them in the FS section. -

post-102835-1196702828.jpg

Archived