AR 302-T 3-way Crossover

Guest Kevin R.

Guest Kevin R.

Hello ;

Can anyone provide or steer me to specs on the AR 302-T MWT drivers ? I got a pair of AR 302-T crossovers in excellent shape on eBay and own a decent set of 3-way .09 cu. ft. cabinets I'd like to use it with . At the moment I have 8 0hm Dayton 8" Woofers , Pioneer 5" Mids and Audax dome tweeters but I'd like to match drivers to the crossovers if I can find proper replacements or get a schematic for the crossover.

thanks

KR

Hi KR

AR-302T crossover is the same as the original AR-303 crossover. If you can take close up picture of the front and back of your AR-302T crossover with red and black plastic 5 way binding posts and post them with your reply then hopefully some one who own the AR-303 speakers would be kind enough to unscrew 4 small wooden screws of his AR-303 speaker to take pictures of the front and back to confirm what I said. The crossover schematic in the AR Forum is for AR-303A which I believe is slightly different from the original AR-303 speakers. It wasn't as simple as clipping a few wires and add a pair of binding posts to the terminal cup to make the AR-303 bi-wireable as other thinks!

I have a pair of tweeters for this model and if you are interested then send me an email? The 1.5" softdome midrange for this model you can purchase from AB Tech but the available driver no longer have the metal mesh cover with fiber glass patch, velvet cloth ring/center dot assembly in front of the dome anymore but will be the closest match to your AR-302T crossover. The physical dimension and magnet structure are identical but double check with AB Tech to be sured if it is 6 Ohms rated driver?

http://www.abtechservices.com/arspeakers.html

Minh Luong

mluong303@aol.com

Hello ;

Can anyone provide or steer me to specs on the AR 302-T MWT drivers ? I got a pair of AR 302-T crossovers in excellent shape on eBay and own a decent set of 3-way .09 cu. ft. cabinets I'd like to use it with . At the moment I have 8 0hm Dayton 8" Woofers , Pioneer 5" Mids and Audax dome tweeters but I'd like to match drivers to the crossovers if I can find proper replacements or get a schematic for the crossover.

thanks

KR

Kevin, are you sure that volume is .09 cu ft? That's awlful small. Parhaps 0.9?

An 8 inch woofer sealed box volume idealy should be in the range of .6 to .8 cu. ft.

Guest Kevin R.

Thanks Minh , William and Carl for posting your responses to the topic .

Minh , your info definitely helped as I could go to the AR-303 brochure on line and see that my AR-302-T crossover is shown as a 6/4 Ohm system which is WAY off from the 8 ohm drivers I have at the moment ! ... yikes. Looks like the 302 was a larger 3-way box than the one I wanted to use anyway as it had a 10 inch W instead of an 8 inch woofer.

William , yes that's the same crossover for sure , it looks like a pretty good quality unit .

Carlspeak , that's right . It should have read .9 cu. feet cabinet . The extra zero was a typo . I bumped the zero key when hitting the 9.

KR

Hi William

Thank you for sending the photos. Yes, this is the same crossover/terminal cup assembly used in the original AR-303, AR-302 and the later AR-302T speakers.

KR

Try to contact the eBay seller who sold you the AR-302T crossovers to see if he is willing to take close up pictures of his AR-302T speakers front without grill and back so you can post them here. I am wondering if he has the modified AR-302T speakers since I had included the original AR-302T crossovers to the buyer of my AR-302T speakers years ago...

The dimension of the AR-302T cabinet is 36"H x 11"D x 13"W with 3/4" MDF so you can figure it out the internal dimension.

Minh Luong

Thanks Minh , William and Carl for posting your responses to the topic .

Minh , your info definitely helped as I could go to the AR-303 brochure on line and see that my AR-302-T crossover is shown as a 6/4 Ohm system which is WAY off from the 8 ohm drivers I have at the moment ! ... yikes. Looks like the 302 was a larger 3-way box than the one I wanted to use anyway as it had a 10 inch W instead of an 8 inch woofer.

William , yes that's the same crossover for sure , it looks like a pretty good quality unit .

Carlspeak , that's right . It should have read .9 cu. feet cabinet . The extra zero was a typo . I bumped the zero key when hitting the 9.

KR

The dimension of the original AR-302 cabinet is 24"H x 10.5"D x 13"W with 3/4" MDF.

Here is what the AR-303A crossover assembly looks like front and back. Bi-wired with heavy duty gold plated terminals, better parts, thicker wires, plus expensive rosewood veneer after my request to the Recoton AR marketing people. The AR-303A was born but it was one year too late to patch up the damages done by the earlier cherry veneered AR-303...!

Minh Luong

post-101112-1195434412.jpg

post-101112-1195434451.jpg

post-101112-1195435400.jpg

Archived