Some help with Model 9's if you please...

Guest echo

Hello!

Today I pulled my vintage model 9's out of storage, got them hooked up, and discovered--much to my dismay--that the left unit did not work. A meter on the power supply/xover says it's outputting voltage, and continuity tests on the internal panel wiring all check out. The only thing I can figure is that there's been a death in the PS/XVR box.

Any guidance anyone can give me as to what is or might be the problem, and how to go about getting it fixed (or who to take it to) would be enormously appreciated.

Today I pulled my vintage model 9's out of storage, got them hooked up, and discovered--much to my dismay--that the left unit did not work. A meter on the power supply/xover says it's outputting voltage, and continuity tests on the internal panel wiring all check out. The only thing I can figure is that there's been a death in the PS/XVR box.

Any guidance anyone can give me as to what is or might be the problem, and how to go about getting it fixed (or who to take it to) would be enormously appreciated.

There are many things possible. Does it make any sound at all?

Finding someone to send it to can be a concern. I have used and recommend Russ Knotts at ESLREPAIR.COM. He has owned KLH Nines (not 9s) and have repaired mine. He is near Cleveland.

Please PM me for more help.

• 1 month later...
Guest michael_nipomo
Hello!

Hello,

The high voltage power supplies were bad on a pair of KLH Nines that I purchased. I built new power supplies. If you are interested and have a little bit mechanical ability you can do it also. I now have two pair of Nines that I am currently listening to. They are wonderful sounding speakers as you already know. Send me an email and I will give you the information on how to build new power supplies!!

Michael

Archived