Dynaco Clone?

Guest bigguynhti

Guest bigguynhti

New member here, with a burning question: What have I got? (Pictures forthcoming, as soon as my "friend" returns the camera)

To wit: I just bought a pair of really good-sounding Dynaco A25 clones, whose badges read TeledyneOlson. My guess is that Olson Electronics, that big ol'(defunct?) electronics mail-order house, commissioned these, but there are some differences. First, there are no hangers at the rear corners, and, in addition to the binding posts, there is an RCA jack as a hookup alternative. Oh, yes: on the back plate, below the jack, is the legend "Made in Japan". Otherwise, the cabinetry (real walnut veneer) is excellent, the driver compliment is identical (10" mid-bass and 1 1/2" tweeter), and the full-width aperiodic vent beneath the bass-mid. Even the box dimensions are identical in every respect.

Can anybody I.D. these for sure? Thanks.

--Craig

• 6 months later...
Guest upgrade2vintage

Craig,

I too just found a set of these Teledyne Olson speakers just as you described. I bought them because they looked just like the A25 Dynaco speaker. So far, to me anyway, they actually sound better than my Dynaco A25's. I will have to get them back together again for a better comparison.

-Andrew

Archived