Dynaco and eBay

dynaco_dan

Hi there;

I saw two auctions come and go recently that raises ones eyebrows.

A pair of Teak veneer A-25's just went for $560.00 for a pair.

This has got to be the highest price yet that I have ever seen.

A Dynaco FM-3 FM tuner just went for $510.00.

It goes to show that there is still some disposible income out there.

It certainly makes it tough for those of us that would like to buy them today.

I feel they are truly over-priced, but that is the market price for them.

I consider those $560 Dynacos to be an anomaly. That pair didn't even look that interesting to me. Some Dynacos have really interesting grain, but that one looked kind of nice but washed out to me. But the market IS heating up. A pair that doesn't compare to the ones I've been working on is currently at $180 or so with a few hours to go. I consider $150 to $200 to be a reasonable price for an easily restorable pair of Dynacos with original screens and both tags. I'd better get around to listing soon. I've been selling my pairs for only around $225/pair on Craigslist. If someone wants to pay me $500, I'd be honored. But (not wanting to fuel Kent's fire) for that price, you could buy a pair of Stacked Advents!

--Colin

Hi there;

I've found a few bargains with A-25's in oiled walnut at much less than $75.00 a pair.

Yes, they are not perfect.

A few scratches, slightly discoloured cloths, but fully functional drivers, which is the most important issue.

A pair of A-50's went for over $700.00 a few months ago, and yes another rarety, but they did sell.

I see that AR-2A's tend to go to Korea now.

Archived