Snell speaker image library?

Guest Dake13

I know there was some talk when this board opened up of having a section in the library and I'm checking to see if there's any interest in this. I have original K's, JII's and EII's and I'd be happy to take some pics and upload them. The administrator will have to set up the page, though. Seems to me such a library might answer some of the inevitable questions about differences between speakers, etc.

Any interest? Please chime in.

Dake

• 10 months later...
Guest stackowax

I would very much welcome this. I think, too, it would be helpful if we could put together a driver list for each of the snell speakers and, ideally, a xover schematic.

• 2 months later...
Guest Bluzmaster

Seems to me I've read some older posts here, say two years old, that mentioned it would be up and running in a couple of weeks. What happened? There's so much dis-jointed information flying around about early Snells (I have the Typs A) that it's very hard to get a handle on equivalent replacement drivers. I am zeroing-in on it, just having purchased the Philips AD5060/SQ8 mids, and working on a 4 ohm equivalent for the original Audax tweeters (probably sticking w/ new Audax units, but it's taken me many, many hours of on-line searching.

The idea has my vote.

Archived