Help: Tweeters for Snell Type E II ?

Guest emjei

Hello happy Snell owners and lowers ;), I am here with a problem, I need to replace both tweeters on Snell Type E II. Both do not work in one speaker. I have read most people just disconnect that rear one, so I am also thinking not to invest on it.

The question is if there is any other cheaper option than $95 dollar front tweeter directly from Snell ? I have pulled one, and it looks that its vifa, i can not see exact part number but it ends "-05" and there is also a "703" number below.

Can any Vifa tweeter form lets say madison.com fit plug&play ?

I will be very glad if someone could say me something good!

Thank you,

Alex

>Hello happy Snell owners and lowers ;), I am here with a

>problem, I need to replace both tweeters on Snell Type E II.

>Both do not work in one speaker. I have read most people just

>disconnect that rear one, so I am also thinking not to invest

>on it.

>

>The question is if there is any other cheaper option than $95

>dollar front tweeter directly from Snell ? I have pulled one,

>and it looks that its vifa, i can not see exact part number

>but it ends "-05" and there is also a

>"703" number below.

>

>Can any Vifa tweeter form lets say madison.com fit

>plug&play ?

>

>I will be very glad if someone could say me something good!

>

>Thank you,

>Alex

I suggest you remove one or two tweeters and closely examine the Vifa part number info on the side of the magnets. It's usually pretty easy to read due to their neat labelling techniques. Snell used OEM tweeters from Vifa, and, as a result, the entire number won't match exactly what Madisound has to offer - particularly the last few digits. However, if the first 4-5 alpha-numeric characters are similar to what they have to offer, I'd say you should buy one or two from them on the condition that you can return them if they are not drop in replacements.

Good luck!

It's all about the music

Carl

Carl's Custom Loudspeakers

I think the original tweeters were Tonegen Foster, made in Japan. These are no longer available. Snell sells a replacement, but besides being expensive, it's also a completely different tweeter. Your best bet is either to watch ebay (they do come up, cheap) or order one from Peter Qvortrup at Audio Note. Their's are virtually the same, by design.

Guest energyandair

Have you checked that it is actually the tweeters that are shot and not something much less costly. eg crossover problem, loose wire, or bridging wire missing between the 2 red or the 2 black speaker terminals.

David

>Have you checked that it is actually the tweeters that are

>shot and not something much less costly. eg crossover problem,

>loose wire, or bridging wire missing between the 2 red or the

>2 black speaker terminals.

>

>David

you got a point here, thanks

Archived