restoring a harmon kardon 730 twin powered reciever

Guest denmarkdrivers

Guest denmarkdrivers

hi i own a couple 730s and 1 430 harmon kardon's from the late 1970s. I recently paid someone to restore a twin powered 730, ( replacing caps), It sounded good before the rehab, now it sounds amazing after the rehab, Ive heard a lot of amps new and in the same era as the HK 730, i'm so in love with this amp i gave up trying to beat it, even with seperates, anyone into vintage harmon kardon ?

Guest denmarkdrivers

Do you guys think the concept 16.5 or the pioneer sx 1980 wouldeve been sonically better ? I only ask because i mistakenly passed on both, They were both cheap at the resale shop but at the time i dident know they were highly sought after, Apearently the pioneer sx1980 is worth a lot of cash, Anyway to late to go back in time and change my mind, I'm still curious if they are sonically better then then hk 730 ? Because i never got to hear them. If they are sonically better witch of the 2 would be better? concept 16.5 or the pioneer sx 1980? i know they both have a lot more power then the hk 730 what do you guys think ?

Archived