FOR SALE: Infinity QLS-1 (pair) - great shape

Guest scott8742

Guest scott8742

I listen to these monsters on a daily basis and while they do need some work they still sound great. These babies are from the golden age of speaker design and it will be a shame to part with them. The problem is they are just too big for my decor... and my wife :-). So, I'm in the early stages of finding a good home for them. I'm the second owner so these things have NOT been through endless garages and pawn shops. They have always been in air conditioned homes.

DETAILS:

========================

- The REAL walnut veneer cabinets are in great shape and look great from any angle.

- The Watkins woofers are the originals and I had the foam suspension rings redone less than a year ago so they are in excellent shape. These are the original plastic coated paper cone design.

- The mid-base crossover drivers also work well and are in great shape.

- All the dome mids are working well. One of them was repaired years ago with a new voice-coil wire but still works great to this day.

- The front EMIT tweeters all work, but some of them probably need to have their diaphragms retensioned as their output is limited.

- The two rear EMIT's are working fine also.

- I'm quite sure that all the crossover caps need replacement and the rheostats on the crossover panels are basically working only in a few positions.

- The grills are in great shape. One is the original while the other is an identical reconstruction of the original steel frame grill. One of the grills was missing when I acquired them. Both grills have the gold Infinity logo's on them. The new grill uses a more convenient snap-on fastener than the old grill which still uses the original fastener design.

=======================

I'm in Florida and I doubt I would be interested in shipping them so I would have to find somebody who lives down here or is willing to travel.

Anyhow... if you have some interest, email me and we can start the prospective parent interview process. :-)

I will provide lots of pictures including detail shots and other info for serious parties only.

Scott

Guest scott8742

I just discovered the info below so here it is as I would have listed it in the ad above.

Scott

NOTE:

Not until a couple days ago while doing a web search for photos of the QLS-1 did I realize that I probably don't have a production "pair" as it seems they were originally provided in a mirror image set. I have what appears to be two right speakers according to photos that archeologists have uncovered from the QLS era. While this might make a difference to some people cosmetically... that's all the mirror image design really is - cosmetics. I suppose if you have an acoustically symmetric listening room and you always sit in the exact center of it you could argue otherwise. :-) If you leave the grills on like most people do, then you'ld never know it anyhow. Nevertheless, I thought I should mention it.

• 1 year later...
Guest Ken Boyd 2
I just discovered the info below so here it is as I would have listed it in the ad above.

Scott

NOTE:

Not until a couple days ago while doing a web search for photos of the QLS-1 did I realize that I probably don't have a production "pair" as it seems they were originally provided in a mirror image set. I have what appears to be two right speakers according to photos that archeologists have uncovered from the QLS era. While this might make a difference to some people cosmetically... that's all the mirror image design really is - cosmetics. I suppose if you have an acoustically symmetric listening room and you always sit in the exact center of it you could argue otherwise. :-) If you leave the grills on like most people do, then you'ld never know it anyhow. Nevertheless, I thought I should mention it.

Guest Ken Boyd 2

Am interested in your Infini QLS speakers and live in Florida, any idea on what you want for them. I have not listened to a pair of them but I was at a site which showed them. Does yours have a row of six midranges and a bunch of ribbon drivers with a low frequency driver on the bottom?

• 8 months later...
Guest scott8742
Am interested in your Infini QLS speakers and live in Florida, any idea on what you want for them. I have not listened to a pair of them but I was at a site which showed them. Does yours have a row of six midranges and a bunch of ribbon drivers with a low frequency driver on the bottom?

Talk about a late reply. I never stopped back in to look for replies as life was very busy last couple years. Anyhow... I still have these speakers if you're interested.

Scott

Guest scott8742
Talk about a late reply. I never stopped back in to look for replies as life was very busy last couple years. Anyhow... I still have these speakers if you're interested.

Scott

ANYBODY else who is interested... the QLS-1's are still available. I dropped off the map and didn't pursue selling them for the last year or so. Now... I am ready to find them a good home again. They need a little work but still look amazing and sound great.

280 pounds of audio joy. :lol:

Thus the reason I don't want to ship them anywhere.

Scott

Guest scott8742

Ken,

Yes... they are as you describe. The "pair" I have is either two rights or two lefts. The row of EMIT tweeters are along the right side of each speaker.

Scott

Archived