ADS L810 parts

Guest molecules

Guest molecules

A pair of L810's, The cabinets are beat up (and heavy) so I was going to part it out. If there is interest in any of the parts, make an offer Two tweeters, very good condition, two midranges, one works great, the other has a loose connection where the wire connects to the baffle. 2 crossovers and the grills are fair.

The 4 woofers look perfect but they all buzz, if they are worth anything at all, you can have them for just shipping costs or pick them up in Cheshire, CT.

2052.txt

post-100859-1172342730.jpg

i think its worth exploring restoring these speakers. by the sealer around the drivers and the square mid i would say they are from the era when ADS utilized Braun drivers. some say that the Braun drivers have improved sound - other say not, but it would be a shame to part them out if they can be repaired at a modest cost.

Richard So repairs/rebuilds ADS drivers, as far as i know he is the only one who does. if i were you i would contact him, at ads_speakers@yahoo.com, and see what he recommends. the loose connection on the mid can most likely be easily repaired and the woofers might not be serious.

with repair to the drivers and a restoration of the cabinets, you would have a highly sought after and outstanding pair of speakers on your hands.

Guest molecules

Yes, they are very neutral speakers. Someone had put them out in the trash, but did not take much care with them. The cabinets are split, and one of them appears to have been gnawed at by a squirrel.

• 2 months later...
Guest fenacious

Hi. I know that was an old post, but do you still have your L-810's? I need a midrange and wanted to know if you had them and what your asking price is. Thanks. Dave (wmdeandave@yahoo.com)

Archived