FA: Books For Classic Speaker Enthusiasts

Guest linedrive

Guest linedrive

I've just listed a pair of books on eBay which should be of interest to AR, KLH, Advent, and Dynaco enthusiasts:

"Audio Alternative" from 1975, has loads of info on AR products, as well as a good representation of KLH, Advent, Dynaco, and just about every "classic" design from that era - this was the first subjective guide to High End ever published, and quite a rarity: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5872052422

"High Fidelity Audio / Video Systems - A Critical Guide For Owners", by Howard Ferstler, is also heavily influenced by Acoustic Research equipment, devoting several pages to their products: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5872065323

Guest linedrive

>Hi Ted;

>

>Thank you for the heads up.

>

You're welcome, Vern.

I was just looking at Dynaco's representation in the "Audio Alternative" book - the author was very impressed by the quality & performance of their equipment.

Hi Ted;

When I first saw your mention of those two books, I thought, oh darn, it's too bad we all don't live in the same city.

We could have our own clubhouse, with a library, where we could all borrow books for a week idea.

Or better yet have them plasticised for inside reading only, the same as some library books.

I have a fairly complete set of for example, The Audio Amateur magazine, which I consider irreplaceable.

Also some Speaker Builder and a few Glass Audio.

If we had an in house library, and they were plasticised then everyone interested could read the ones that interested them.

Unfortunately, we do not, and I cannot photocopy them, to pass out.

I am sure other members have similar magazines or books of interest as well.

Your two books should be in a hifi library, not for sale on ebay for one individual to own.

Thank you for bringing them to our attention, though.

Archived