4 KLH Sixes for sale

Guest giljuchris

Guest giljuchris

I have 4 KLH model six speakers that I purchased new in 1974.

They are in very good condition. One of the cabinets has a small chip in the finish about the size of a grain of rice. This would be simple to fix. The other cabinets are nearly perfect. I re-covered the grills many years ago and in doing so I broke 2 of the removable particle board forms to which the cloth attaches. These forms attach to the speaker front with what appears to be Velcro. Even though 2 of the forms are broken, the forms stay on the speaker fine and you cannot tell they are broken. It would be very simple to re-build these forms with new particle board. Two of the 4 speakers need new cloth. A very simple job.

2 of the speakers have been in a closet for over 20 years, unused. The other 2 have been in my living room connected to an amplifier which is connected to a TV set. These 2 have had very little use because the TV speakers are fine and I rarely even turn on the amp.

I would like to sell as it seems a shame to have quality speakers gathering dust, lots of dust!

These babies are very heavy. Shipping them would be very expensive and I do not want to pack them for shipping. They are located in San Antonio, Texas.

I’m thinking $50 each. Anyone interested? I will take pictures and e-mail to anyone who is interested.

Guest dbradley

I have two questions:

1) Since you had the grills off at some point, how were the woofers attached to the baffleboard? Were they epoxied in or screwed in? (KLH went from the first to the second method in the mid-1960's.)

2) What are the serial numbers of the speakers? If the answer in #1 is different for some of the speakers, I'd like to know what the serial numbers are for each separately along with the woofer attachment method for each.

Thanks a lot.

>I’m thinking $50 each. Anyone interested? I will take

>pictures and e-mail to anyone who is interested.

Hi there;

Usually on ebay they go for $15 - $30.00 each.

At this approximate price they do not need any gill cloths or woodwork.

Perhaps ebay may be your best source for selling.

Guest giljuchris

1. The woofers are attached with 6 screws.

2. The serial numbers are on small strips of adhesive backed paper

attached to the metal plates on the back of the speakers.

2 of the strips are missing. The other serial #'s are as follows:

ASV602847 and ASV602536

Thanks

Guest majdewey

I'm also in San Antonio and wondering if you still have the speakers? If so please email a few pictures. I may be interested. I'm presently restoring a set of AR3a and KLH model Fives. Sixes maybe next.

Dewey

majdewey@satx.rr.com

Archived