AR-48s

Guest Homerj

I recently found a pair of AR-48s speakers. The cabinet is still in fair condition. Grilles are available. The woofers are in very bad shape and I'm assuming that the inside needs work too. Wondering if there is a market for the speakers? If so, how much should I sell these for? Thanks in advance.

Guest daveshel

Those look water damaged to me, judging by the residue on the side of the cabinet and what looks like rust on some of the exposed metal surfaces. Maybe $30 for the pair (half what it would cost to ship them). What a shame to see a good set of speakers that isn't even that old end up looking so bad.

Thanks for the photos.

I was hoping that I could use the mid ranges but they are different than mine. Mine have oval frames.... round with ears where the screws go. Also, the cone area on my mids is very small... about the equivalent of a 2 1/2" speaker. Looks original because the cabs are routed to accomodate the oval mids.

>Those look water damaged to me, judging by the residue on the

>side of the cabinet and what looks like rust on some of the

>exposed metal surfaces. Maybe $30 for the pair (half what it

>would cost to ship them). What a shame to see a good set of

>speakers that isn't even that old end up looking so bad.

Actually the residue is dust. I don't think there was water damage. After reading up on the 48s, I wished the owner could've taken better care of them. Anyways, thank you very much for your help.

Archived