AR3/LST Woofers wanted

Wally

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Wally

I will suggest eBay as one possible source for used AR 12" woofers.

Don't buy the older clothe surround version. They may be perfectly fine if both are clothe. Either way they should be matched.

Other readers may have experimented with either the clothe or foam surround version. I have spare clothe surround types and will be experimenting when I feel better. There may or may not be an audible difference between them. I would like to not have to re-foam mine every so many years.

Has anyone located and re-foamed AR drivers with neoprene surrounds?

I bought 10" and 12" off ebay but the seller won't respond as to whether an 11" will be available. I may attempt to cut and splice the 12" surround in the future.

I met a man who had a friend who gave him a mint pair of LST's because the foam was gone on the woofers. By the time I saw them he had tossed the woofers in the garbage and stuffed 2 Radio Shack woofers in the cabinets.

I told him I liked the cabinets.

He told me he was going to get rid of them until I said that.

I wanted to cry twice over this experience.

Good luck Wally, with your choices.

>I need a pair of AR 12" woofers for a pair of LST's.

>

>regards, Wally

Hi Vern,

My story is not quite as sad... I got the LST's but the woofetrs are 10" with adapter rings. Poor job too, still I'm optimistic I can find some woofers. Been beat in 2 auctions so far but a nice guy from this group has a pair of the new Tonegen replacements that he will sell me.. somewhat unwillingly because he feels that they are not the same as the originals. I think I'll go that route until I finally get an original pair.

regards, Wally

>I met a man who had a friend who gave him a mint pair of LST's

>because the foam was gone on the woofers. By the time I saw

>them he had tossed the woofers in the garbage and stuffed 2

>Radio Shack woofers in the cabinets.

>

>I told him I liked the cabinets.

>

>He told me he was going to get rid of them until I said that.

>

>I wanted to cry twice over this experience.

>

>Good luck Wally, with your choices.

Archived