SALE: two pair (4) "Tonegen" woofers

Guest Bret

They really are low-hours even though they are two years (about) old. Not misused or abused or stored incorrectly or anything else.

The regulars here already know my opinion about their suitability as drop-in replacements, but in case you haven't read, I believe they need to be "re-spidered" with more compliant materials.

Left alone, I'm sure they have higher power-handling than "stock" woofers, but they also have a higher resonance and are more efficient.

I don't have T/S parameters on them.

I will send them to you or Millersound (only Millersound because I know Bill to be entirely trustworthy) and spare you the additional shipping expense if you want them sent to him. I'll send them to you (provided you live in the lower 48 U.S. states), too. I would expect shipping east of the MS to run about $25 and out to the mountains in the west to be closer to $35.

I will only sell them in pairs. I hope whoever wants them has a paypal account since it makes life much, much easier.

These are the same drivers AB Tech sold to me for $129.95 each.

Price? Good question. . . uh. . . how about $100 for a pair? That means you can have Millersound modify them and pay for the shipping to him and to you, have speakers that sound about "right," AND have paid less than retailers would charge for an unmodified pair.

(I'm practically gagging on the $320.00 + freight I'm losing on these, but I'd feel too guilty trying to "foist them off" on some unsuspecting soul on eBay who doesn't know any better)

If you just want replacements like you can buy on eBay for about $300.00, these are your babies for 66.66% OFF ! ! SALE! BONUS! WOW!

Okay, so it isn't that exciting. . . it ain't bad, either.

These are the "flat-sided" 12" drivers for most "classic" AR speakers requiring 12" drivers.

Contact me at tbret @ yahoo.com and put WOOFER in the subject line.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

>HEY BRET HOW MUCH ARE THE WOOFERS YOU ARE SELLING FOR THE AR SPEAKERS?,

I LIVE IN CROFTON MD 21114<

Yes, I still have a pair. Email me at tbret (at) yahoo.com.

We've taken it on the chin here in MS. It may be some time before I can get anything out of here. Gasoline is very hard to get. Maybe I could get something out by DHL because they fly. Mostly trucks are still coming into MS.

Bret

Archived