ADS Speakers

Guest rpautrey2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Bret

>Yes, inquiring L1530 owner wants to know.<

It's the east-coast thing. Since A/D/S is a California company with a west coast sound, well, it doesn't fit???

Just a guess.

Still preferring them to your 90s?

Bret

Guest nathanso

The labels on the back of my speakers say:

ADS, Analog & Digital Systems Inc

Wilmington Massachusetts 01887

Now the company is in Vista, CA.

And Bret.. until I can figure out why my AR90s require so much equalization the A/D/S are it. I emailed you about re-recapping the AR90's but never heard back.

>And Bret.. until I can figure out why my AR90s require so much equalization the A/D/S are it. I emailed you about re-recapping the AR90's but never heard back.<

Didn't get it.

Bret

There are several discussion threads concerning the AR90 and recapping. There are differing opinions on what capacitors to use, but the one thing that's common is that every person who's done it likes the change.

As someone who's recapped his AR90s, I recommend using good caps but don't get sucked into using super expensive caps. I used Solens and they do very nicely once they've broken in; The first few hours were pure torture.

crainrr at gmail dot com

Okay, Adam. . . A/D/S speakers are west-coast sound from an east coast company that gave-up and went home ! :-)

But seriously folks. . .

I think I've told you privately, the A/D/S that I was familiar with (not yours) were extremely detailed and articulate and punchy and forward. Almost like a "Talking Heads Edition" custom Boston Acoustics. In fact, they looked a lot like early Bostons.

I don't doubt your description of the sound at all, nor am I calling your measurements or opinions into question. I'm just letting you know what my original opinion of the A/D/S speakers was. If I heard yours I might retract everything I've said and agree with you entirely.

Bret

Archived