how much should i pay for this sansui reciever

Guest bob33

Guest bob33

My teachers husband has a old sansui 3000 reciever she says everything works good exept a channel is out. I think its probably a fuse anyways she is looking to get rid of it. I gave her my phone number and told her to tell her husband to call me when he wanted to sell it. And how much if i need to make a deal what should i go for? i seen on ebay some go for 100 dollars. I dont know i dont want to be paying that if a channels out and what if its not a fuse then i would be really screwed. Thanks for your help and if you got information to share about it feel free.

>My teachers husband has a old sansui 3000 reciever she says

>everything works good exept a channel is out. I think its

>probably a fuse anyways she is looking to get rid of it. I

>gave her my phone number and told her to tell her husband to

>call me when he wanted to sell it. And how much if i need to

>make a deal what should i go for? i seen on ebay some go for

>100 dollars. I dont know i dont want to be paying that if a

>channels out and what if its not a fuse then i would be really

>screwed. Thanks for your help and if you got information to

>share about it feel free.

Hi Jeff;

I like that, everything works goods, but one channel is out.

Like you say, if the problem isn't a fuse you could be looking at major dollars for repairs.

What is the asking price?

If it is only a few dollars, it is worth the risk.

If the units on ebay are functioning for $100.00, then, I wouldn't consider paying more than $15 - 25.00, unless you only want mono.

Guest bob33

Im a little dissapointed her husband hasnt called me back yet. So i think the deals off i had the money and everything just he wont call. He probably wants to much for it any way. I got to many recievers right now i need to start selling stuff locally. Plus i just got the hk up and running good again finally so i have plenty of recievers. The pioneer sx 650 the fisher rs 2002 and the hk 330 nocturne so i really dont need any more but it would have been nice to save it. She said that they were probably just going to throw it away. Well i guess there's some battles you just cant win.

>Im a little dissapointed her husband hasnt called me back

>yet. So i think the deals off i had the money and everything

>just he wont call. He probably wants to much for it any way. I

>got to many recievers right now i need to start selling stuff

>locally. Plus i just got the hk up and running good again

>finally so i have plenty of recievers. The pioneer sx 650 the

>fisher rs 2002 and the hk 330 nocturne so i really dont need

>any more but it would have been nice to save it. She said that

>they were probably just going to throw it away. Well i guess

>there's some battles you just cant win.

Hi there;

If it is thrown away, it is not because of your efforts and interest.

Many an owner have bought one day and tried to sell the next.

One only has to drive a new car off the car lot, to see how much things new and working, depreciate.

When something is functioning correctly, they are obviously worth more.

You have done all that you can do, my friend, have patience.

Maybe you and James can team up your electronics, his speakers? lol

Guest bob33

No actually i got 8 pairs of speakers i need to downsize some. This is what i got for speakers i got 1 pair of jensen car subs 1 pair of smaller advents. 1 pair of large advents in utility cabs polk audio 7c klh 9250b a pair of home made speakers utahs 1 pair of small jensen bookshelves. I hope i got em all i cant think of all of them right off the top of my head though im sure im missing some. I wonder how much money i could get if i sold some of it.

Guest bob33

How many does james have? Im still trying to get my computer to recover i had 20 viruses in my files. I got them deleted permanitly damaged some other files on my computer man that sucks.

Guest bob33

I kind of wish that was how my mom is because you can never have 2 many speakers. Well ok thats a little bit of a lie im getting frusterated i have to many good speakers and not enough room or recievers to play them all so basicly i just have 2 of my favorite pairs of speakers in my room the utahs and the small advents. If i had another small advent tweeter i would have an advent stack with the utahs on top of coarse. How much does it cost to get an ad in the paper? i would like to sell locally because i dont have to deal with the shipping game then.

Hi there;

Selling locally can be good and bad.

First the good, cash and carry, no packaging and shipping, no demonstrations, no strangers in your home.

Bad, strangers coming into your home to hear them, they may try to beat you down in price, too many time wasters your home may be cased.

Ebay or similar, may be better way, for a fee.

As always, auctions must be well thought out and planned in advance or you may get $.99 for them and have to package them at no cost and ship at buyers expense.

Good luck with your choices.

• 3 years later...

Hi there if you are looking for a vintage receiver,I would just start collecting some .Even ones that do not work ,may just need alittle lovin in the forn of a good cleaning and some as good contact spray,now this must be done in a safe way,not pluged in and even ask for sominstrction from someone but very easy to do and lots of these old beasts come back to life or the scratch goes away,lub and just moving knobs that have been stationary for years maybe can do wanders.Another idea is to bring the voltage up slowly and leave it on for awhile .good luck I have a Sansui Stereo receiver 5500 very rare that had one foot in ,and it is now a daily driver,Pioneer SX-3900 in another room same thing,I just gave away a nice Marntz 2230b to a friend and also a Marantz 4270 quad with the nice quad adapter,THERE OUT THERE ,LETS FIND THEM. cheers cliffe

Archived