Boston Acustics Help

Hi,

Just a guy who enjoys getting a set of old speakers and with some TLC bringing them back to life.

Saw a set of Boston Acustics bookshelf speakers in my local thrift store and was wondering.

I've heard the name but remember nothing about the Brand. Are they good? What is the value? What are the strenghts? What are the weakness?

Boston Acoustics is a respectable brand. The story I heard about the start of the company was that members of the Boston audio society ( or something like that ) started it. Opinions will vary on how high end the gear is, but I don't think anyone would say they are junk. I use a pair of the A-77's which were designed as movie theatre surrounds as shop speakers. They hold their own.

• 1 year later...

Hello one man's junk another man's treaure. I have listened to 3 types of boston accoustics. HD10 and A60's and A70's. They are not cheap to buy and I suspect never were. The first 2 way with a passive woofer. I love them. Bass is strong. There size is deceiving. what I like best is the boston's tweeters. Very clear without that annoying digital like sound. Grab them, fix if needed. I bought mine new ten years back. One of the few things I feel I got more than I paid for. A pleasant surprise. To sum it up they sound expensive if that helps. Take care.

Archived