Bang & Olfuson Loudspeakers

Just curious of your opinions of the mid-70's B&O (or Beogram)S-60 loudspeakers. I have had a pair since 1975 or so and have always been impressed by their ability to reproduce the program with very little coloration. A buddy of mine had a pair of Dahlquist DQ-10's with a subwoofer, and it seemed like we always ended up at my house for critical listening. Just curious if anyone else out there has listened to these loudspeakers.......

• 2 months later...

i own a pair of dq-10's with two subs and a set of b&osand although the b&o 's are a bit smaller than yoursibelieve they are a very smooth speaker. idrive my dahlquist's with a scottmodel 130 tube-type preamp h/k citation 12 power amp ,rogers x-75 amp-crossover,a mac mr-67 tube tuner,a pioneer pl-600 turntable,bic tape deck, and a sony cd player,please drop me a e-mail at james-butenas@msn.com

• 1 year later...

Ah, good old Bang & Olufsen. I have always been amazed as to how good their speakers could sound. Having owned many models, I am even more amazed considering the simplicity and some of the units used. Being of 4ohms impedance, or even less on some, I remember that in the 70s at least they sure used to upset some amplifiers badly. Know somebody who collects them! ENJOY!

Archived